Whether you have accidentally deleted Instagram photos or they are lost, here is a step-by-step guide to recover deleted Instagram photos.
Win Version Mac Version
Instagram is one of the popular social media platforms for sharing photos and videos. All you have to do is click on an image and then upload it to your account. But there is a common scenario where you delete your Instagram photos. If that sounds like you, here is if you can recover deleted Instagram photos and if so, how you can do so.
- Part 1. You Can Recover Deleted Instagram Photos
- Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Instagram Photos
- Part 3. How To View Deleted Instagram Photos On iPhone
- Part 4. Other ways to recover deleted Instagram photos
- Part 5. How to Delete Instagram Photos
Part 1. You Can Recover Deleted Instagram Photos
Instagram is a photo and video sharing social media service that lets you capture your special moments and share it with the world. Not just the eventful moments, but it is also used for marketing, and advertising various services and products.
But what if you accidentally delete your Instagram Photos or for some reason the current photos on your accounts get lost? You can try to recover photos via the app itself, but there is no trash bin present there in the app.
So you can still retrieve deleted Instagram photos? Well, the answer is YES!
There are a number of Instagram recovery tools and photo recovery software’s that will help you get your photos back. With a simple recovery process, these softwares act as a viable way to recover the deleted files and give your photos back in no time. Here’s how to recover the deleted Instagram photos.
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Instagram Photos
If your Instagram photos are lost from your computer, hard drive, flash drive or from an Android phone with SD card, use photo recovery software like Recoverit Photo Recovery that works for various scenarios of deleted media including deleted Instagram Photos.
1. Recoverit Photo Recovery – Instagram Recovery Tool
Recoverit Photo Recovery is photo recovery software that helps you recover data from any storage device, with a recovery rate of 96%. It’s easy to use and restores photo formats, including PNG, JPG, GIF, BMP, PSD, TIF, DNG, RAW, and more.
This software has an advanced file recovery algorithm that helps you recover the images without compromising on the quality. In addition, it has multi-device compatibility and works seamlessly on both Windows OS and Mac.
Your Safe & Reliable Photo Recovery Software
- Recover lost or deleted photos, audio, music, videos from any storage device efficiently, securely and completely.
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera and camcorder.
- Supports recovering data for sudden deletion, formatting, hard disk corruption, virus attacks, system crashes under various situations.
2. Video Guide to Deleted Photo Recovery
If your Instagram photos and videos have been deleted from PC or Android phone with SD card, watch the one minute video and get the solution for deleted photo recovery right now.
How to Recover Deleted Instagram Photos
Here are the steps you can follow to recover deleted Instagram photos with Recoverit Photo Recovery .
- Select that location
- Scan Photo Stock Location
- Recover Deleted Instagram Photos
By following these simple steps, Recoverit Photo Recovery helps you to get your deleted photos back easily. Moreover, it also provides you with thumbnail of image files and supports a preview of the replaced data while recovering the deleted images.Note: Do not save the recovered photos to the device from which it was previously lost.Win Version Mac Version
Part 3. How To View Deleted Instagram Photos On iPhone
Now we have discussed how to recover Instagram photos deleted from a computer or an Android phone with SD card. What if you are an iPhone user. This section offers 2 possible solutions.
1. How to View Deleted Instagram Photos from Recently Deleted
The iPhone comes with a feature that it does not directly delete the pictures. It keeps them for 30 days in your recently deleted folder, so there is a chance that you can find your photos in the folder. Here is a step by step guide to view the recently deleted photos:
- Open the Photos App on iPhone.
- Go to the “Albums” section and search for the “Recently Deleted” folder.
- Now the files that have been deleted in the last 30 days are in the “Recently Deleted” folder. Search the photos and you can find the deleted Instagram photos.
2. How to Find Deleted Instagram Photos via Instagram Archive Feature
You can also look for the deleted Instagram photos via the Instagram Archive feature. In 2017, a feature was integrated into Instagram known as the “Archive feature”. The archive is a temporary location of your photos, where photos are available until you empty it. Here are the steps to find the deleted Instagram photos via Instagram Archive feature:
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Check your profile and you will see an “archive” icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click File and your recent photos will be displayed there.
Part 4. Other ways to recover deleted Instagram photos
Aside from the above ways, here are a few simple methods that you can use to recover deleted Instagram photos:
- Look in the gallery of the device
- Search for the deleted images in File manager
- Check out Google Photos and iCloud
Part 5. How to Delete Instagram Photos
Instagram is a photo sharing social media platform owned by Facebook Inc. Created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, it was launched in 2010, for iOS. However, a version for Android device was also released half a year later. If you’ve been wondering what Instagram really is and how to delete Instagram photos, read here:
So you uploaded a photo to your Instagram account, but now you want to delete it, for some reason. Well, you can delete those photos right from the Instagram iPhone or Android App. Here are the steps you can follow to delete the photos:
- Open the Instagram app. Click on the profile icon at the bottom right of the screen as it will bring up the photos in your feed.
- Go to the image that you want to delete.
- Now, tap on the three dots that are in the upper right corner.
- Confirm the deletion and take photo from Instagram.
The above steps also apply to the Instagram Android App as well.
The bottom line
So whether you have deleted those pictures accidentally or they got deleted due to some circumstances, the above solutions are sure to come to your aid. However, if you want to save your time, and have a high recovery rate, look no further than Recoverit Photo Recovery Software. It’s fast, easy to use, and will recover lost photos from Instagram, and other disk file systems including exFAT, FAT, HFS, NTFS, and more.
Also, the next time you take a picture using Instagram camera, make sure you press the “Save Original” photo button. That way, you know you have a copy of the image on your device.