Email marketing EDM, the abbreviation of Email Direct Marketing, is a network marketing method that delivers value information to target users through email with the user’s prior permission. Email marketing has three basic factors: user permission, email delivery of information, and information is valuable to users. The lack of one of the three factors cannot be called effective email marketing. E-mail marketing is a direct marketing method that uses e-mail to communicate with audience customers. It is also widely used in the field of network marketing. Email marketing is one of the oldest methods of network marketing. It can be said that email marketing is older than most website promotion and network marketing methods.Chinese nameEmail marketingForeign nameEmail Direct MarketingAffiliationInternet marketing methodsDate of birth1971
Email marketing is a broad definition. Anyone sending emails to potential customers or customers can be regarded as email marketing. However, the term email marketing also usually involves the following aspects:1. Send emails for the purpose of strengthening the cooperative relationship with merchants and target customers, thereby encouraging customers to be loyal to him or repeat transactions2. Send emails for the purpose of acquiring new customers and making old customers repeat purchases immediately3. Add other company’s or our company’s advertisements to emails sent to your customers4. Send email via the InternetAccording to statistics from well-known American statistical companies, in 2006 the United States spent about 4 billion US dollars in the field of email marketing. Therefore, email marketing still has great development prospects.
BornEmail inventor Ray Tomlinson (Ray Tomlinson) recalls the birth of e-mail in the fall of 1971 (the exact time has not be verified), there was already a computer program to transfer files as well as an a primitive Information program. However, the two programs have great limitations in their use-for example, the person who uses the information program can only send a bulletin to the recipient, and the recipient’s computer must also be consistent with the sender.Tomlinson was a key engineer for Bolt Bellanick Newman Research (BBN) in Cambridge , Massachusetts, when he invented e-mail . At that time, the company was employed by the U.S. military to participate in the Arpanet network (the predecessor of the Internet). ) Construction and maintenance work. Tomlinson conducted research on existing file transfer procedures and information procedures, and developed a new set of procedures, which can send and receive information through a computer network without any previous restrictions. In order to allow people to have easily recognizable email addresses, Tomlinson decided to use the @ symbol, with the user name in front of the symbol, and the address of the user’s mailbox in the back. E-mail was born.Although e-mail was invented in the 1970s, it only emerged in the 1980s. The silence in the 1970s was mainly due to the fact that there were too few people using the Arpanet network at the time, and the network speed was only one twentieth of the 56KBPS standard speed. Limited by the speed of the Internet , users at that time could only send some short messages, and don’t imagine sending a lot of photos like that; by the mid-1980s, with the rise of personal computers, email began to spread widely among computer fans and college students; In the mid-1990s, when the Internet browser was born, the number of netizens worldwide increased sharply, and e-mail was widely used.The first program to make e-mail mainstream was Euroda, which was written by Steve Downall in 1988. Since Euroda was the first e-mail management program with a graphical interface, it soon became the main e-mail program used by companies and university campuses.However, Euroda’s position did not last long. With the rise of the Internet, Netscape and Microsoft have successively launched their browsers and related programs. Microsoft and its development of Outlook made Euroda gradually decline.In the past 5 years, the biggest change in e-mail has been the rise of Internet-based e-mail. People can maintain their mail accounts on the mail website through any networked computer, instead of using mail only on their home or company networked computers. This kind of mail is promoted by Hotmail. Now that Hotmail has become a popular website, Microsoft announced in August that the mail service has reached 110 million users. But when Microsoft acquired the site in 1998, it only spent $400 million, a price that later made Hotmail creator Shabir Bukhatil regretted.The success of Hotmail inspired a large number of competitors, and soon e-mail became a must-have service for portal sites , such as Yahoo , netscape, Exicite and Lycos, all of which have their own e-mail services .
Wide range:With the rapid development of the Internet, China’s netizens have reached 560 million, and the world has exceeded 2.2 billion. Facing such a huge user base, Email marketing as a modern advertising method is getting more and more attention. As long as you have enough Email addresses, you can publish advertising information to tens of millions of target users in a short period of time, and the marketing scope can be throughout China and even the world.<2> Simple operation and high efficiency:Using the professional mass mailing software provided by us , a single machine can achieve the sending speed of millions of emails per day. The operation does not require advanced computer knowledge, and does not require complicated production and sending processes. Sending hundreds of millions of advertising emails can usually be completed within a few working days.<3> Low cost:Email marketing is a low-cost marketing method . All expenses are Internet access fees, and the cost is much lower than that of traditional advertising.<4> Wide range of applications:The content of the advertisement is not restricted and is suitable for all walks of life. Because the carrier of advertisement is e-mail, it has the characteristics of large amount of information and long storage period. It has a long-term publicity effect, and the collection and circulation are very simple and convenient.<5> Highly targeted feedback rate:E-mail itself is directional. You can send specific advertising emails to a specific group of people. You can classify them by industry or region as needed, and then mass-send advertising emails to target customers to make the publicity in place in one step. Make the marketing goal clear and the effect is very good.<6> High accuracy:Since e-mails are distributed point-to-point, we can achieve very targeted and high-precision dissemination. For example, we can send specific emails to a certain characteristic of the group, or we can classify them by industry, region, etc. as needed, and then target Target customers carry out mass mailing to make publicity in place in one step.
<1>Email classification according to whether the user has permission or not:According to whether the sending information has been approved by the user in advance, Email marketing can be divided into Permission E-mail Marketing (PEM) and Unsolicited Commercial E-mail (UCE). Unauthorized email marketing is commonly referred to as spam (Spam)  .<2> Classified according to the ownership of Email address resources:The email address of potential users is an important marketing resource for the enterprise, and it has all the forms of email address resources for users. Email marketing can be divided into internal email marketing and external email marketing, or simply referred to as internal list and external list  .The internal list is an email marketing carried out by a company or website using a certain method to obtain information from users who have voluntarily registered;External lists are also called email advertisements, which refer to the use of professional service providers to provide email marketing services provided by organizations that can provide professional services like professional service providers. They do not own the user’s email address information, nor do they need to manage and maintain these users. data.<3> Classified according to Email marketing plan:According to the company’s marketing plan, it can be divided into temporary email marketing and long-term email marketing  .Temporary email marketing, such as irregular product promotion, market research, holiday greetings, new product notifications, etc.; long-term email marketing is usually based on the company’s internal registered member information, mainly for news mail, electronic magazines, customer service, etc. Various forms of mailing lists.<4>According to the functional classification of Email marketing:According to the function of email marketing, it can be divided into customer relationship email marketing, customer service email marketing, online survey email marketing, product promotion email marketing, etc.  .<5> Classified according to the application method of Email marketing:According to whether email marketing resources are used to provide services for other companies, email marketing is divided into two types: operational and non-operational  .
Determine the target customer group2. Develop a delivery plan3. The email should have a clear subject4. The content should be concise5. The email format must be clear6. Send email, collect feedback information, and reply in time7. Update the mailing list
These three issues constitute the three basic conditions of Email marketing:(1) How-the technical basis of the mailing list: technically ensure that users join and exit the mailing list, and realize the management of user information, as well as functions such as mail sending and effect tracking.(2) Whom-the acquisition of user email address resources: on the premise that users voluntarily join the mailing list, obtaining enough user email address resources is a necessary condition for email marketing to function.(3) What-the content of the mailing list: marketing information is sent to users through e-mail, and the content of the e-mail is valuable to the user to attract the attention of the user. Effective content design is the basic prerequisite for the function of Email marketing. 
There are five elements for successful email marketing:1. Clarify the goal of email marketing2. Use appropriate communication strategies3. Identify your target customers4. Design attractive emails5. Analyze the effect, keep trying and learning
7 main points
With the increasing competition on the Internet, people are exploring new marketing channels and ways! Edm electronic email marketing quietly among a lot of people have been widely used, but not everyone with so good! Edm marketing is a skill Yes, if we want to do a good job in email marketing to capture customers, we should also pay attention to a lot of problems and details, as well as how to segment customers to grasp golden customers!1. Don’t bombard and send emails regardless of time periodBefore the formal mass mailing, you can test how often it is best to send emails. For example, the webmaster of an online store can test different time periods (one week, two weeks, three weeks, etc.) to send emails to users, and test which time period the user has the highest click-through rate, so that this sending frequency is used in actual operation. Much better than sending out a chat without thinking.Second, focus on sending emailsThrough the experience of sending emails in the past, test which users are most interested in which promotion, and then adjust your email marketing strategy appropriately. If consumers like to buy high-quality and low-priced goods, you will undoubtedly get half the effort by blindly sending them advertisements of luxury goods. by .You can re-categorize the user groups who read the mail: fanatical support and general favorite. For audiences who have read most of the e-mails, you can send them the most profitable product advertisements; users who are slightly interested can send products and services with lower profit. For audiences who are hardly interested, they still send regular emails to try to win some customers over. Only by doing so can the conversion rate of email mass mailing be maximized.Tips: When sending a test email, you can put products of different grades and attach tracking links to track users who clicked.3. Grab 20% of gold usersAlthough in theory the more detailed the user group is classified, the better the effect of email marketing. But the more points you get, the more effort you put into it, and you have to design different login pages and welcome emails for each user, which is really frustrating.In fact, after a long period of analysis and experimentation, email marketing also has a two-eight rule. Most recipients actually respond to different advertisements in the same way. Only 20% of users are sensitive to customized emails. Therefore, there is no need to spend special energy on designing unique emails, monitoring the click-through rate of users, and capturing 20% of the golden population will play an important role in the next step of strategic adjustment.4. Do not send out the mail without testingThe design of the email is best to be concise and straightforward. In addition, you must carefully check the content of the email. If there is an image, make sure that the image can be displayed when you open the email. If there is a link, make sure that it is in a format with a hyperlink.Five, guarantee the arrival rate of the mailIn view of the severe global anti-spam trend, many normal emails have also been killed by mistake. Remember to cooperate with the industry’s leading email service providers to ensure that the vast majority of users can receive your emails.6. Design valuable email contentThe emails you send should be as valuable as possible, and they should be meaningful to users, so that users will not regret it after reading them. Therefore, each place in the title, first paragraph, and body must be carefully considered. If you do this, you will see the effect. .7. Don’t discard the experience gained in practice. The more emails you send, you will surely accumulate a wealth of experience. Every email you send is worthy of your summary. Only in practice you can continuously improve, modify, and fine-tune your email marketing strategy. Will do better and better.edm electronic email marketing only in the constant optimization in order to do a good job, we must continue to accumulate experience and analysis of our outgoing mail. Clarify marketing purposes, grasp customer dynamics, send emails accurately, time batches are appropriate, page interactive design, timely communication and ordering!
(1) Respond promptly: When you receive a mail, you should develop the habit of replying easily. Even if it is “Thank you, the letter has been received”, it will have a good communication effect. Usually the mail should be answered within one working day. If a customer encounters a more complicated problem, it will take some time to answer the customer accurately, and a simple reply should be made to explain the situation. There is really no time to reply, you can use the method of automatically replying to the mail.(2) Avoid untargeted delivery: Do not use mass posting to deliver advertisements to a large number of unfamiliar mail addresses, which not only has little effect, but also becomes spam, which damages the company’s image.(3) Respect customers: Do not send multiple letters with the same content to the same mail address. When the other party directly or indirectly refuses to accept the mail, you must never send advertising letters to the other party. Respect the other party.(4) The content should be concise and concise: customer time is precious, and most of them are sloppy when reading mail, so the letter should be concise and concise to fully attract the interest of customers. Long text will make customers give up reading your mail. Be sure to check the contents of the mail carefully before sending, the sentences are fluent and there are no typos.(5) Attach contact information: The letter must have a signature and a phone number, so that consumers do not know how to contact when they need help.(6) Respect the right to privacy: Before obtaining the customer’s approval, the list of senders and customer backgrounds may not be forwarded or sold.(7) Admit the mistake: If you fail to respond to the customer’s inquiry or send the wrong letter immediately, take the initiative to confess the mistake and be humble. You can not receive mail there is no excuse, self-defeating , not only can not attract customers to your door, but the customer turned away.
The goals of email marketing usually include the following:Increase sales (especially those with online shopping malls)Maintain customer relationsIncrease website trafficEnhance corporate brand awareness and product awarenessTargeted communication related to after-sales serviceAfter the marketing goal is determined, it is necessary to use appropriate communication strategies to achieve the goal. The strategy includes the following aspects:Provide targeted discounts that the recipient pays attention toProvide content related to the recipient’s geographic location and interestsBe personalized, such as using the recipient’s name to greetGive recipients control over how often they receive emailsChoosing your target customers is not entirely possible to follow your feelings, just pat your forehead. A flexible and customizable email sending platform and a CRM platform with a marketing activity management module, or a database with customer segmentation or scoring information that can be used by marketers are indispensable.Target customers can be captured according to humanities such as gender, age, etc., or they can be treated differently according to purchasing behavior, or even online browsing and transaction behavior.Target customers can also be divided according to other performance indicators, such as the most economical customers (which makes sense, but there are not many companies that can really do it), and the people with the highest response rate to email marketing.Don’t forget to check the receiving frequency and email type selected by the recipient to avoid spamming.The content and creativity of the e-mail itself cannot be ignored. This can be considered as a separate topic. The design of the title, the size and download speed of the picture, and the text description of the picture (so that the picture cannot be displayed) need to be paid attention to.Finally, after each email, the response rate, open rate, click rate and return on investment and other indicators must be analyzed and recorded in the database. Many companies treat each email marketing as a single marketing activity or do not have an annual CRM plan for customer loyalty marketing, so that they never know which customers are highly responsive to email marketing. , Which type of email marketing is effective, and how many emails each customer receives in a year. Without historical data, it is difficult to establish an accurate campaign response model (campaign response model) -one of the important means to reduce costs and increase the return on marketing investment . Only in the process of continuous experimentation and learning, can companies grasp what are the most attractive offers and content for their customers and can increase sales and profits, when is the best delivery time, and win the competition.E- Mail Marketing to write about content? First of all, it is necessary for the user to receive the welcome letter immediately after registration. Then you can program a series of fixed-interval tutorial-like things. For example, you will receive tutorial one on the day of registration, and tutorial two on the third day, with 7 to 10 emails in a row. These can be preset through the program.After that, choose a fixed date every month, write a useful article, and send it to all e-magazine subscribers. When you have a new product, or when there are promotions, you can send the information to the subscribers. It should be noted that such e-magazines must contain useful content, and advertising items can easily be unsubscribed.
Text logoThe most common way of Email is a text sign. The text sign is some characters with specific meanings, about 5 lines or so, usually placed in the middle of a news mail or an approved email. These text signs can also set a URL to link to the advertiser’s company homepage or a specific page that provides products or services.2. Logo AdvertisingHTML format emails and news mails can be set with the same logo advertisements displayed on general web pages , but it is not necessary to place advertisements on the entire page, but to place logo advertisements in HTML format emails and news mails of specific target audiences , These target audiences are subject to prior permission.For any of the above methods, the content of the logo is usually formulated by a third party that has nothing to do with Email direct mail . The effect of this marketing method can be evaluated according to CPM: Is CPM effective? Based on the effect evaluation, are these efforts worthwhile?3. Other methodsWith the continuous development of email marketing, some more attractive other methods have emerged, sometimes emails written by advertisers and third parties, some of which have incentives or bonus plans in their marketing programs .
. Unique and personalized contentThe biggest difference between using EDM for marketing and general marketing methods is: EDM is one-to-one communication, which makes your users feel respected and makes them feel that this is a communication method established for him and exclusive to him, of course. Under the constraints of various conditions, it is often difficult to achieve one-to-one communication thoroughly. However; for personalized needs, marketers must use technical means to make users feel that this EDM is sent to him specifically, not in groups. This requirement is a challenge to EDM marketing.2. Content that attracts users’ attentionWhat is the user’s concern, this is often one of the most important links in the user’s purchase process. The link where the customer collects the information needed to support his decision-making is also the most important way for marketers to disseminate information to achieve actual sales Link. If you can grasp the information that users pay attention to, it will have a key influence and effect on marketers’ transformation of potential sales opportunities into actual sales results.For example, if a marketing staff of a communication product sales company can learn that a certain user is browsing the evaluation and quotation information of several mobile phones almost every day, then the marketer can make a basic judgment that the user is very likely to buy The intention of these phones. Based on this judgment, the marketer classifies the user into the corresponding data category, and generates EDM for the user through the database marketing system, including detailed evaluation materials, evaluation materials, product comparison materials and promotional information for these mobile phone products. The user sees the information he is hoping to see and establishes a circular interactive relationship with you, which plays a very important role in the conversion of sales opportunities.3. Master the content of user preferencesThe content that users like plays a very important role in attracting users’ attention. Sometimes the user’s preferences overlap with the company’s products very high. Discovering and using user preferences has a direct effect on the company’s sales. Sometimes the overlap between the user’s preferences and the company’s products is relatively low, but the content of the user’s preferences attracts the user’s attention, and then supplemented with corresponding marketing measures is also a good choice.For example, a car manufacturer of a certain brand organized a Che Youhui, whose purpose is to establish a long-term, interactive relationship with users and cultivate user loyalty. The Che Youhui organizes weekly activities and plans to prepare a car driving skills challenge through long-term data accumulation and combined with basic user information. Driving skills competition is a great thing for those customers who like to drive. The content is made into EDM and sent to their favorite customers. With the enthusiastic feedback from these users, this marketing campaign has achieved a complete success.In short, personalized, noteworthy, and hobby content are all user-friendly content. Dissemination of corporate information on the premise of adhering to user-friendliness is an important principle in the implementation of EDM marketing. Only in this way can companies establish long-term relationships with customers. A benign interactive relationship establishes customer loyalty and creates a sustainable source of profits for the company.
E-mail can play a variety of roles in network marketing. In different stages of network marketing, e-mail can be used to complete different marketing functions. E-mail information promotionEnterprises can use the huge user resources of e-mail to sell digital products such as software, audio-visual products, and e-books. These products do not need to use traditional logistics channels for distribution, which can greatly reduce product sales and related expenses. After the user pays, the seller can send the digital product information to the user’s mailbox.Email advertisingThe use of e-mail to publish advertising information has a greater advantage than traditional TV advertisements and even most banner advertisements. Mainly manifested in stronger pertinence and higher feedback rate, and easier to manage and control, making e-mail advertising more obvious benefits.(1) One-to-one advertising effectE-mail marketing can publish completely “personalized” advertising information for users. This is an effect that is difficult to obtain in any other form of advertising.(2) High customer recognitionDue to its strong pertinence, email advertisements are easily recognized by users and can directly receive feedback from customers .(3) Management and controlWith the advancement of technology, email marketing also has advantages over other forms of advertising in terms of message sending, management and control.(4) CostThe cost of each email message is about 1/4 of the cost of traditional direct mail advertising, discount cards and other marketing methods. In particular, there is no corresponding relationship between the cost of e-mail and the number of recipients.Customer feedbackE-mail is a powerful tool to attract repeat customers, and repeat customers are the key to the success of e-commerce. The most frequent application of e-mail in online marketing is to establish channels for customer feedback. Realize one-to-one direct contact between enterprises and customers, and shorten the relationship between enterprises and customers. However, the customer’s mail must be processed in a timely manner, otherwise the purpose of promoting marketing will not be achieved.12 major threats(1) Spam(2) The service provider blocks emails(3) Spam blacklist(4) Email content design(5) Pictures, links, and HTM snippets in the email.(6) Compatibility of the email reader program(7) Influence of Rich Media(8) Abuse of the right to license.(9) The mail is bounced(10) E-mail effect measurement is difficult.(11) Mail delivery is delayed.(12) The impact of anti-spam laws
The main steps
(1) Develop an email marketing plan, analyze the current email marketing resources, and first use internal resources;(2) Decide whether to use external lists to place Email advertisements, and choose an external list service provider for the facility;(3) Design email content separately for internal and external mailing lists;(4) Send e-mail information to potential users according to the plan;(5) Analyze and summarize the effects of Email marketing activities. 
Six basic principles of mailing list content(1) Target consistency;(2) The content is systematic;(3) Stability of content sources;(4) Concise content;(5) Content flexibility;(6) Appropriate format of email content.General elements of mailing lists(1) The subject of the email;(2) The name of the mailing list;(3) Catalogue and content summary;(4) The body of the email;(5) Exit the list method;(6) Other information and statements. word count limitThe subject line should be as concise as possible, no more than 50 characters (25 Chinese characters)testUse the A/B program to test the effects of different subject columns separately. For example, retailers often do the following tests: the subject line of the emails sent to half of the customers contains the words “free shipping”; the other half of the customers contain the words “10% off” in the subject line, and then observe which method More effective. Testing is very important, but it should be noted that you should not send too many old-fashioned test information. At the same time, you should be aware that the keyword “free” will increase the judging index of spam and is often blocked by the server.Add personal informationAlthough adding the user’s name in the subject column can slightly improve the marketing effect, this effect will disappear over time. Some multi-channel companies, such as retailers, sometimes adopt the method of adding locations in the subject column, such as “a store carries out a one-day promotion”Urgent wordsAs long as airlines use the following topic columns, they will definitely get a high level of attention, such as “security alert” or “special weather conditions”.Transactional topics“Confirm order information” and “May contract has come into effect” transactional theme information has a high click rate and open rate.The user feels specialThemes such as “the first to view autumn fashion styles” can make users feel that they are special and are special users of the company, thus attracting users to open emails.Increase attentionAdd the company’s brand name in the subject column, such as “A certain company news in April”honestThe information should be truthful, concise and concise. Think about what kind of information the user expects, and honestly follow the email sending frequency set by the user.Holiday promotionWhat I want to remind here is that if your customers are mostly men, and today is not Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day or other statutory holidays, then customers will not be interested in your so-called holidays or celebrations. Do not use any capital letters. Avoid capital letters in the subject line. Don’t use symbols. Avoid using exclamation marks and other symbols to overemphasize the subject matter. Usually such symbols will be regarded as spam and will be automatically thrown into the trash bin by the client. Prevent duplication. Don’t use the same subject in several consecutive emails, you should keep changing it so that it can be effective. Don’t mislead the reader. Never mislead readers or create ambiguity in the subject line. For example: “The specific content of your order” is written in the subject line, but the content of the email is marketing information. This kind of email will only deceive users and violate related systems.
If you want your email marketing to achieve good results, don’t send a letter at eight or nine o’clock in the morning. According to a survey by Pivotal Veracity, emails sent out in the early morning have the lowest open rate. Because the first thing many people start to work is to check their mailboxes, and they are used to deleting all unimportant and irrelevant emails in order to organize their thoughts and start a new day.If you send emails to users in North America, most of them are in Eastern Time , so the best time for you to send emails is based on Eastern Time. (Unless you can segment the mailing list based on geographic location and send it staggered.)Although everyone’s habits are different, generally speaking, emails sent between 12 noon and one in the afternoon have the highest open rate, because people usually take a look at their emails during lunch time to relax.
Get the address
When a company is about to start email marketing, it usually urgently needs an email address to send messages. Collecting a certain amount of e-mail addresses requires a certain amount of time and patience. It may take months or even longer to collect 1000 contact information and obtain permission to send.
First: the choice of email addressWe have to choose email users for our products. For example, if a company is engaged in children’s products, what kind of email user group do we choose? According to our survey, mothers care about their children the most, so we have to choose the female Email user group, and the average age of women with babies is between 25-35. In the end, we set a small selection of female Email users between 25-35. Therefore, we have to locate the Email user group according to our company’s products, so that our promotion rate can reach the highest.Second: The most important and critical one is the content of the email.First of all, let’s see how the title can make people see the title and click on the content. The title is the most important thing for promoting our products. If the subject is not attractive enough, your target customer group may not read your emails, and may delete your emails. Therefore, the content of the title should let your customers know that this is what they care about, and it should have a compelling selling point. For example, our target customer group is some motivated people and entrepreneurial people. Our theme can be written like this: “The Road to Fortune” is named after the title of the book. When they see this title, they will Click unconsciously, because they are entrepreneurial people. This is their desire.How to write the email content? It should be concise and clear so that the target customer can know what it is at a glance. The number of words should not be too long, generally within 200 words. We must know that our target customer time does not allow our long-form content.Third: have the spirit of exaggerationWhen writing content, try to exaggerate our products, but don’t go too far. You must know that Internet users are usually highly educated. So be careful not to overstate when writing content.Fourth: Make sure that the content of the email is accurate.Be sure to review the content you wrote before sending an email, and ask the marketing team to collectively review it to ensure that it is correct.Fifth: It’s the sending of e-mailsWhen sending emails, you must be careful not to include attachments as part of the content of the email. Instead, you should use the form of links to let them enter the content of the webpage you want them to see. Because the email system will filter attachments or limit the size of attachments, so as not to give customers Bring in viruses. You must also master the frequency of sending emails. Under normal circumstances, sending emails once every two weeks is the highest frequency.Five, the outlook of email marketingThe combination of email marketing and SEO has greatly improved the success efficiency of network marketing. SEO aims at the development of search engines and appropriately combines email marketing to improve the efficiency of network marketing higher and faster.6. How to successfully market via emailE-mail is one of the commonly used channels for companies to communicate with existing customers. Unlike Europe and the United States, in China, the response rate of email marketing is not necessarily better than that of direct mail, but low cost, fast delivery, precision and individualized ease of operation are the factors that many companies choose to use this communication channel. Especially in the current economic downturn and tight market budgets, email marketing is even more attractive to many companies. But doing well in email marketing is not that simple, because cheap and all-in-one email delivery not only fails to receive an ideal return on investment, it may even cause disgust to the recipient.
1. Spam emails2. The subject of the email3. Hide name4. The email content is complicated5. Mail content format6. Sending frequency7. No target positioning8. Mail format is chaotic9. Reply to emails10. Raise prices
1. Don’t send emails without the user’s permissionThis kind of compulsory sending of emails to the target person’s mailbox without respecting the rights of users violates the basic concept of email marketing. On the one hand, it reduces the brand reputation of one’s e-commerce website, on the other hand. : It is possible to add you to the blacklist, thereby surrendering potential users to others. Regarding how to obtain user permission, there are generally two categories: online and offline. Online methods generally include registration, subscription, promotional activities, etc., and offline methods include business card exchange, exhibitions, etc.;2. The content of the email should be carefully selectedThe readability of the email content determines whether the reader is willing to spend part of the time to continue reading things that interest him. It can be said that the content of the email determines the success of email marketing, so as an email sender, you should take most of your mind Put it on to organize the content of the mail. The content of the e-mail must be highly selected, and it must be important to the target. The content may involve information about discounts on commodities and free services.3. Respond to email comments in a timely mannerA marketing type of e-mail has been sent, and what we are most looking forward to is to obtain a certain customer response rate. To a certain extent, it is either the click-through rate of entering the website or the response rate of the email. For the email recipient’s reply, as the administrator of the e-commerce website, you must respond to the sender’s questions or problems in a timely manner. After a potential customer sends you an inquiry about the product, he will definitely He can’t wait to reply. If he still can’t get a reply after two or three days, he may have become a competitor’s customer.Four, email unsubscribe instructionsAll emails must contain clear instructions on how the recipient can unsubscribe or modify preferences. Each email must contain a link (CC Unjoin) so that the recipient can opt out of receiving emails from the sender. By clicking on the link, the recipient will automatically remove their email address from the mailing list and stop receiving emails from the sender. Unsubscribe requests using the marketing commander’s exit link will be processed immediately, and the recipient will be automatically quarantined. If an external unsubscribe link processed by the sender is used, all subscribers are required to make an opt-out request within 48 hours.
E- Mail marketing has become a network marketing can not be ignored, however, a lot of people’s understanding of e-mail marketing still exists a lot of misunderstanding.First, the difference in footingNon-professional email marketing (EDM) companies and individuals whose main purpose is to send out e-mails, usually through a software that collects e-mail addresses, or purchases a part of e-mail addresses from a website, organizes a part of the content, and then sends it in batches. The method does not consider whether the user is willing or not.For professional email marketing (EDM) vendors , the primary factor in their foothold is user permission. Marketing emails are organized and implemented on the basis of permission. At the same time, there needs to be a link to unsubscribe at any time in the body of the email, which is very flexible.Second, the difference in sending platformsNon-professional e-mail marketers (EDM) generally use multiple sending mailboxes for sending. They use the method of finding a needle in a haystack, and each one is counted as one. There is no organization, no rules, not to mention data analysis and statistics.Professional e-mail marketing (EDM) vendors usually have a set of e-mail sending system developed by themselves. The content of the e-mail, sending indicators, statistics, and analysis results will be reflected in the system in detail.Third, the difference in service teamsNon-professional marketing companies make hard money for mass mailing. In fact, this is the lowest value link in the email marketing (EDM) industry chain. They completely ignore the true value of email marketing (EDM).Professional email marketing (EDM) companies are supported by a professional service team and play an important role in the industry chain of email marketing (EDM). Early consultation, mid-term data tracking, data analysis, and user group locking Wait, only with these can we create value through data.E-mail marketing (EDM) based on different footings will cause the entire activity to lose its direction; the unprofessional email sending platform will seriously affect the effect of this activity; the unprofessional companies and individuals of the service team will only affect the entire email marketing (EDM) The pace and progress of the development of the industrial chain.
1. Opportunities for continuous salesLet us first imagine a scene. A viewer, that is, a potential customer, comes to your website through a search engine. This user is looking for a certain product, and your website just provides this product. Users browsed your website’s homepage and product pages and were very interested, but they weren’t sure they wanted to buy on your website. Shop around, this is very normal at all times. The user wanted to look at other websites again, so he went back to the search engine. It is a pity that this user will most likely never return to your website again. Ordinary users may not remember what keywords they searched for, which link they clicked, and which website they came to. Once a visitor leaves a particular website, the chance of re-entering is very low, unless your website is already a well-known brand in the industry, and there are news and links to your website everywhere.The conversion rate of general e-commerce websites is normal at 1%. In other words, under normal circumstances, 99% of potential customers come to your website, leave without buying anything, and never come back again. This is really a waste of the effectiveness of all website promotion in the early stage.Let us imagine another scene. A viewer comes to your website, he wants to buy a certain product or has a problem to solve, your website just can meet his requirements. However, it is the first time after all. Although users are interested, there is a 99% chance that they will not buy immediately. If “it happens” your website provides an e-magazine , and users who register for the e-magazine can get a ten yuan coupon, plusFree e-books. The topic discussed in the e-book is exactly the problem that this potential user wants to solve. The user fills in the name and e-mail address to get coupons and e-books.As the website operator , you get the email address of potential customers , and you also get follow-up communication, constantly reminding potential users of your right to exist. Users trust you and your website more through the e-books you send him, as well as tips in e-magazines, industry news, and holiday greetings. And because of these repeated reminders, potential customers remember your website. When he decides to buy this product, your website is at the top of his alternative website.If the website design and e-magazine are properly planned, it is common for the conversion rate of registered e-magazines to reach about 20%. Relative to the 1% sales conversion rate, email marketing will greatly increase the final sales conversion rate.2. Almost perfect marketing channelsOne of the most important reasons why e-mail marketing is so effective and even causing spam is that the cost is very low. As long as there is a mail server , the cost of contacting 10 users is almost the same as contacting thousands of users. Of course, if you want to send millions of emails, the situation is different, because you need a dedicated server and very large bandwidth.Compared with other online marketing methods, email marketing is also very fast. Search engine optimization takes months, or even years of hard work, to be fully effective. Blog marketing takes time and a lot of articles. Social network marketing requires time to participate in community activities and build a wide network of relationships. As long as email marketing has a mail database in hand, the effect will be seen within a few hours after the email is sent, and the order will be generated.The target of permission-based email marketing is the most accurate group of people who are most likely to convert into paying customers. Most of the users acquired by other Internet marketing methods enter your website with a casual browsing mentality, not very proactive. Permissive e-mail is different. Those who enter the mail database actively fill out a form and actively ask you to send relevant information to a group of them. After a few emails, as long as the information you send is helpful to users, they will become a group of loyal subscribers. What is more valuable than such a group of potential customers?Email marketing also enables website marketers to keep in touch with subscribers for a long time. It is common for subscribers to read the same e-magazine for several years. The information on the Internet is dazzling and numerous. Being able to maintain a fixed contact with the same subscriber for several years is a very valuable asset on the Internet today. The strong trust and brand value established in this way are rarely achieved by other online marketing methods. Any new products or discount promotions on the website can be communicated to these long-term subscribers in a timely manner, and the sales conversion rate is much higher than that of users who randomly come to the website.Spending advertising budget, putting time and energy into online marketing, users come to your website and cannot be directly converted into users, and marketers do not have the opportunity to keep in touch, it is a waste. Permissive email marketing is about capturing potential users,The best way to get follow-up contact opportunities.
From the user’s point of view, the disadvantages of email marketing:1. Users generally call it “spam”, that is, users are not interested in the content of the provided emails.2. Force users to receive emails without respecting their rights.3. Dislike the sender of the email, thereby reducing your brand reputation . If your product or service has a good impression in the minds of users, you will have a counterproductive effect through spam marketing.